Dog'ged Juniors

Forums

Forum Home > Other Pets > Horses!

Anna

Are there any other horse owners out there??

I have been riding for about 11 years now. I have 1 horse an Arabian/Paint 8yr old gelding. His name show name is RRR Magic Buckshot but I call him Buckshot (His breeder named him NOT me. I would have come up with something more creative. lol)

He is not yet trained to ride, I will be working on that this summer, so i ride my club leader's "problem" horses and extra horses that need to be ridden. I will work with any breed but my favorite is the Arabian.

I barrel race with my horse club in the summer. We also go on lots of trails rides and over night rides. I have been showing and barrel racing on and off for 8 years and I have just recently become more consistent in the last 3 years.      

Here is a pic of my baby!!                                                          

Family Album!-buckshot.jpg

--

February 15, 2011 at 7:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

KateFTQ

I do! This is Frodo, my Mini: 

He is going to be 12 in May (I can't believe it - I've had him since he was 3). As you can see, we drive :) I used to have a buckskin Quarter Horse named Kelsey, but we sold her to a friend this past summer as I haven't been riding her the past 5 or so years and no one else in my family is. Poor girl came to me when her original owner went to college, same deal with me... but the lady who has her now will prob keep her forever and absolutely loves her.

I used to compete in 4H - riding Western with Kelsey and driving with Frodo. As the only driving kid from my county, Frodo and I got to go to the State Fair mutliple times and usually did pretty well. Little bugger is getting chubby because my father doesn't understand the concept of feeding the 32 inch mini less than the 16 hand App! He's a lot like a big dog - comes when called, pulls drawstrings and absolutely loves fried dough.

We also have the geriatric ward - an Appaloosa named Cinnamon, an Arab named Monty and a QHorse named Crispy, all of whom have gone through assorted medical issues, were supposed to die, and just haven't! Cinn can be ridden in cool weather and Crispy if you're careful - she had neurologic issues and still has a head tilt. Monty is mostly blind.

I miss my Frodo man :( May look into boarding him down here somewhere for the summer... 

--

Kate with Flash, Tia and Queezle

February 24, 2011 at 7:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Anna

Awww Frodo is sooo cute!! 

There is a mini at the farm where I board Buckshot at and I have always wanted to train him for driving. I trained him to accept a saddle, bridle and a harness but since I'm to big to ride him and since the people don't have a mini cart that's as far as we got. lol

What color is Monty the Arab?? I'm a sucker for Arabians. lol :D

--

February 25, 2011 at 9:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

KateFTQ

Grey :)

--

Kate with Flash, Tia and Queezle

February 27, 2011 at 7:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.