Dog'ged Juniors

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Puppies!!!

Anna

I will be getting 2 siberian puppies in the begining of March!! My mentor is going to whelp a litter of pups for a friend and the pay for doing it is 2 pups but she dosen't want them so she is going to give them to me!! They are due this weekend.  :D

--

January 8, 2010 at 7:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Anna

The pups mamma is starting to go into  labor this morning. Pups will be born today!!! :D

--

January 9, 2010 at 9:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Krysty

That's wonderful. Are they Alaskan Huskies? You must post pictures as soon as possible. :D

--

January 9, 2010 at 1:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Anna

Well it looks like it is going to be a no go now. :(  The mom had 1 pup this morning at about 10:30am and it was really big so it got stuck in the brith canal and was stillborn. My mentor called me at about 12:30pm and said that she still hadn't had anymore pups and that it looked like she wasn't going to have anymore. I haven't gotten a call back yet so I am not sure on what is going on.  :(

--

January 9, 2010 at 4:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Anna

Oh sorry they were going to be Siberian huskys.

--

January 9, 2010 at 4:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sarah Richards
Site Owner

Ah, I'm sorry to hear that. I've been lucky enough never to have delt with a water puppy, but the same thing happened to one of Keane's parents' sleddogs when he was younger. How is the mother doing?

--

Gone Sleddin'

Sarah

January 9, 2010 at 6:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Anna

The mamma is doing ok last I heard. She had another stillborn that was breeched. She might still have a couple of pups in her but I am not sure at this point.  :unsure:

--

January 9, 2010 at 8:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

KateFTQ

That's too bad. :( Glad the mother is doing well though - poor girl. In Tervs there have been a couple litters within the past couple months where weird things happened either during delivery or early on in puppyhood. It's always sad when a litter that people had high hopes for doesn't work out.

--

Kate with Flash, Tia and Queezle

January 9, 2010 at 9:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Krysty

Poor babies. That's terrible. :( Have you heard any more updates?

--

January 11, 2010 at 1:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Anna

The mom had only the 2 stillborn pups and she went home yestarday like nothing had even happened.  :(

--

January 11, 2010 at 8:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Magsanddogs

That is SO sad! And dissapointing. :(

January 18, 2010 at 12:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Anna

Its funny how things work out because I now have the pups mamma in my kennel! Plans are in the making for breeding her in a couple of years or so. 

The reason why the pups didn't survive is because the mom was only 1yr old. The litter happened completely by accident when she was tethered to close to an intact male in the dog yard. Its the only "oops" litter the breeders have had in their 15 years or so of breeding. 

--

March 11, 2011 at 9:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

KateFTQ

Well, the litter should have been fine even with her being that young... if she was capable of conceiving age shouldn't have affected the pups being born healthy. Obviously *something* went wrong, but I don't think that would have been the reason. Hopefully you're planned litter will go better!

--

Kate with Flash, Tia and Queezle

March 25, 2011 at 11:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

sexy lingerie
This content has been removed due to abuse.
--

sexy lingerie

Halloween adult costumes

adult Christmas costumes

October 29, 2012 at 10:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.