Dog'ged Juniors

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Outdoor Adventure Whistler kills 100 sled dogs

Anna

Did anybody else hear this story?

Last April in British Columbia a worker for the Outdoor Adventure Whistler's tour kennel was ordered by the kennel owner to kill 100 sled dogs because they couldn't afford to keep them anymore. They had gotten these extra dogs to satisfy the demand for dog sled rides during the Olympics. 

Did he say "No your crazy, I would never kill any dog for any reason. I quit!!!!"? Nope he did it anyway and now he is filing for worker's comp. 

Here is a link to the full story. Outdoor Adventure

Beware it is gruesome and it will make you angry. 

--

February 15, 2011 at 6:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

KateFTQ

I had heard about this - absolutely sick and awful. 

--

Kate with Flash, Tia and Queezle

February 24, 2011 at 7:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Skokie

Thats so stupid! I found it when I was on a website. Couldnt they atleast try to find homes for them?!

--

Forgotten and Broken Dreams always come back...Don't they?!

March 6, 2011 at 1:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Anna

They claim that they did "try" to find homes for them. Apparently the local shelter or whoever they contacted to take the dogs wouldn't take them. 

They didn't try very hard to find homes though. Not a single add was up on Sled Dog Central and none of the local mushers knew that this was going on. This guy was the vice president of Mush With P.R.I.D.E. so he should have lots of connections with mushers that he could have contacted. 

--

March 11, 2011 at 8:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.